Achieving our goals requires coordinated action among many organizations, both public and private. Six guiding principles unite our efforts. We will:
- Base our work on the best scientific evidence currently available on clinical and community strategies.
- Support cancer prevention and control activities on multiple fronts – individual behavior, clinical practice, community, media, policy, and research.
- Work to change systemic barriers to reducing the burden of cancer in North Carolina.
- Use the best available dissemination science to successfully promote and implement evidence-based strategies.
- Focus on reducing health disparities and improving the health of underserved populations.
- Work together, because partnerships and coordinated action are essential for success.